I have proven to myself that I am the real deal. I am a runner! My performance in Fresno proved that I am not a fluke, and that the San Jose Rock & Roll Half was not a one shot deal. I believe I was able to achieve my PR of 2:11:26 because of these modifications:
- Replacing the iPhone with a Shuffle. The lightness of the clip on mp3 player probably saved me a few seconds.
- Applying chafing cream to the thighs. Oo-wee, this made a world of difference.
- Contact lens! Yes, it's so nice to see where you are running.
- Nip Guards! Yes, I know, TMI, but I have to put it out there. Two Band-Aids on the nipples will save you so much pain once you hit mile 8.
- Keeping a steady pace all the way through.