On November 18th, I will attempt to complete the Men's Fitness Urbanathlon. It's only 10.2 miles, less than a half marathon. Easy peasy, right? Well, if it were just running, then yeah, I can do that with one IT band tied behind my thigh. The Urbanathlon is more involved and will require a bit more training than simple fartleks in front of my apartment. Check out this obstacle list:
- Kumho Tire Stutter Step and Plastic Barricade Combo
- Plastic Barricades and Police Barricade Combo
- Subaru Crawl, Marine Hurdles and Police Barricade Combo
- AT&T Park Stair Climb
- Monkey Bars and Parallel Bars Combo
- Cargo Net and Traffic Cones with Poles Combo
- Traffic Jam – NEW IN 2012
- Over, Under, Through – NEW IN 2012
- Tissot 40 Yard Dash – NEW IN 2012
- Taxis & Buses to Chain Link Crawl to Wall Finish
I am assuming that number five on that list does not involve Pilsner glasses. The monkey bars are actually the ones in the playground and not the kind of bar where I can order a Racer 5. I'll have to actually swing from those bars! Oh boy.
I am looking at this list and checking out my upper body and realizing that I probably bit off more than I can chew, but I'm up for the challenge! So the training will now commence. I have 16 days to get in shape. I'll be following the Men's Health Urbanathlete Training Plan, doing a bunch of burpees (yikes!), jumping chin ups (eek!), and sprints (that I can handle). Wish me luck.
|I'm ready! BRING IT ON!|